Yes, you’ll be paying either a minimum fixed payment or an interest only payment each month while you are in school. Loan interest will begin to accrue as soon as you are in school. However, you can always make extra payments if you wish before the repayment period starts post-graduation. Those payments will reduce your loan balance. We report your in-school payments to credit bureaus. On time payments should help to improve your credit score.
Articles in this section
- I need help with my Funding U loan (I am a current borrower)
- When can I apply for FALL 2019 Loans?
- Do you offer SUMMER SCHOOL Loans?
- You say your loans are based on ‘academic progress.’ Does this mean it is difficult to get a loan as a freshman or sophomore?
- Will this affect my credit score?
- Parents FAQ
- What is a Bursar Hold and how do I get rid of it?
- How is the loan disbursed?
- What are the steps in the loan process?
- Who can borrow?